Reykjavik Highlights Tour
Ideal as a Shore Excursion from a Reykjavik port
Welcome to Reykjavik the world's most northerly capital!
Reykjavik is known for its colorful houses and it was the home of the first permanent settlements in Iceland. Reykjavik actually means smokey bay since that is what the viking Ingolfur Arnarson founder of the city first saw, steam rising up from the hot springs when he stepped into the land.
It is a small city but what it lacks in size it makes up by its quirkiness and by being interesting and different from most other European cities.
It is a great place for foodies since there is a big variety of great restaurants and cafes and the local hotdog stand is one of the most popular food stops.
In this tour your guide will take you around the city and show you all of its highlights.
The city has a lot to offer and it's perfect for a day excursion with a local guide.
Your guide will pick you up at your accommodation or the port and take you for a day out in the city. As long as time allows you will see all the main sights and landmarks and be given a chance to visit some local museums if you are interested.
The highlights you will be seeing and visiting:
• Laugavegur main shopping street
• Hallgrimskirkja Church
• Harpan Concert House
• Sun Voyager Viking Ship
• Hofdi House
• Grotta Lighthouse
• Perlan (e. The Pearl) viewing platform
• The president's House
• Reykjavik City Hall
• The Old Harbour
If you are interested and time allows to visit some museums here are a few we recommend:
• Ice cave exhibition 2.900 ISK per person (approx. 28 USD)
• The Whale Museum 2.900 ISK per person (approx. 28 USD)
• The Aurora Reykjavik Museum 1600 ISK per person (approx. 15 USD)
• Reykjavik Maritime Museum 1650 ISK per person (approx. 16 USD)
• The Settlement Exhibition 1650 ISK per person (approx. 16 USD)
• National museum of Iceland 2000 ISK per person (approx. 19 USD)
• Saga museum 2.100 ISK per person (approx. 20 USD)
Your guide is flexible and will listen to all your wishes and needs and adapt the tour to your liking. As soon as you book the tour you can contact us and let us know if there are any particular preferences about the tour or discuss it with guide after you meet.
Transportation Method: This is a private tour in a Land Cruiser 150 33" jeep. The tour has been set for 3 people in order to maximize everyone's space and comfort. But, we can accommodate 4 people if needed. Please contact me for the details.
- Pick up and drop off from your accommodation or port in Reykjavík
- Private guided tour in a Toyota Land Cruiser 150 (Prado) or similar car with a professional driver/guide
- Bottled Water